Tuesday, September 29, 2009

new shiny jewelry for the shop...




I have been experimenting with a few new fabric based necklaces lately. The first pictured is a bit more bridal inspired, as I have been thinking about brides who wants something more original for her big day than typical pearls...the piece is layered with white on white stitching to create a textured background, then layered with a vintage grey and crystal rhinestone necklace and silver seed beads. It lays right at the collarbone, and is kinda fabulous, if I do say so myself.
The second piece is definitely a statement necklace. I created the base out of heavily embroidered white on sheer white silk, then layered citron embroidery and grey/neutral seed beads and pearls in organic circular motifs. It has a natural frayed edge.
I had fun with both pieces- more experimentation than anything... I will probably list them on etsy soon....

No comments: