Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sketch 1

My first sketchbook post! The weekly plan for this blog is to post a sketchbook page, which might be drawing only or collage with drawing. (I think that sketching only will be more beneficial then using found images...but I will see how it plays out.  I want to make sure if I use any inspirational image or artwork that I give due credit.) After I create the sketchbook page, I will work on creating motifs from the elements on the page. Then, I plan on posting a new pattern from the motifs at the end of the week.
Each week, I want to explore a new subject and also try to vary the mediums that I create the artwork from. I am hoping to push myself to create a body of work while continuing to develop as an artist.
I graduated from art school a year ago and was lucky enough to land a great job as an assistant designer at a large corporation. My job is helping me develop as a professional...but not really as an artist. This blog will help me to grow creatively.
Ok- enough about that. I probably won't write that much about myself here. I want to focus on the work.

No comments: